August 20, 2012

Navigating the Brazilian Mammoth Bureaucracy

I've been out of my blog for almost 3 months navigating the Brazilian bureaucracy.
I have a construction and real estate business that had some receivables to be turned into cash.
Well, the process took me 6 months!
First, the bank account manager took 1 month to understand (wrongly) what should be done to get the money.
Then the bank branch took 2 months analyzing my business and processing the paperwork.
After 3 months, the bank credit department realized that the bank branch did everything wrong and restarted the process. I had access to the bank's regulations and the credit department was right.
After 3 months more, I finally was able to turn receivables into cash...
In Brazil, things take the time they take, not the time you hope they will take.
The bank: state owned Caixa Econômica Federal (the best rates in Brazil).

3 comments:

  1. Seems like you had really tough time there. If I was there I would have lost my mind and had words with bank management. Hope you will be regular now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome again to the world of blog writing. I am sure you will be missing it and best of luck to your construction business. Looks like you gone through a long and hectic process. But its the fact we can not deny it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent posts to read keep it up and keep going on this way. And keep sharing these types of things Thanks Waiting for the next post profile picture

    ReplyDelete