May 03, 2012

Common Sense

So you moved to Brazil, the land of samba, tiny bikinis and so on... Once in Brazil, social behavior, family relations, general attitude towards sex, the food, the overwhelming red tape, the human diversity etc., all of them seem so strange, different and new that you don't know if your hardly developed common sense still applies.

Well, there may be some striking differences between your home country and your new home...

But, be sure: if your common sense says some situation is wrong, strange or very unusual, probably it is! 90% of the time, the same standards apply to Brazil, the US and Europe. At least, if you stay in the more developed and cosmopolitan centers...

Read this post from Jana and you'll know what I'm talking about!
http://mypaperplains.blogspot.com.br/2012/04/crazier-things-have-happened.html

3 comments:

  1. Hi there! I just added your blog to my list, I am so sorry it took me so long to catch back up with things. I am enjoying your posts though and welcome to the community =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jana! I was afraid you wouldn't like this post! I'm so glad to be welcome. I also have had so little spare time to post in blog!

      Delete
  2. I am in Brazil right now reading this post and i must say that this was short yet very helpful! these pointers made a lot of sense

    ReplyDelete